The role of our board is to ensure long-term success and sustainability for OFNTSC and to enhance accountability and transparency.
The board composition is designed to represent and serve our stakeholders. It is appointed by our Voting Members, which ensures there is strong accountability to the people and communities we serve.
THE RIGHT MIX OF SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & REPRESENTATION
Board diversity criteria
- At least 70% are citizens of an Ontario First Nation
- At least 60% have experience working for and in an Ontario First Nation
- At least one director each from: Northern Ontario, Southern/Eastern Ontario, an unaffiliated First Nation
- At least 30% female
- A range of ages are represented
- At least one designated accountant
- Working in First Nations in Ontario
- Working with First Nations political leaders and/or funders
- First Nation infrastructure maintenance/construction/asset management
- Water and wastewater infrastructure/operations
- Environmental science/management
- Executive level experience in research and developing technology
Corporate & Governance
- Training and experience as a corporate director
- Financial oversight
- Information management and technology
- Knowledge of the legal and fiduciary duties of directors of a not-for-profit corporation
We have a best-in-class board with extensive local and national experience in the areas that are relevant to the success of OFNTSC and our stakeholders.