Since 1998, the OFNTSC’s Fuel Systems Management program has been training fuel handlers in First Nations across Ontario.
The OFNTSC Fuel Management Program provides certified Fuel Handler Training for First Nation communities across Ontario where fuel is an important factor in operating and maintaining critically important community infrastructure.
This service provides:
- Visual bulk fuel tank inspections (unavailable during COVID)
- Fuel system audits (unavailable during COVID)
- Fuel handler training
The training that the OFNTSC provides includes oversight on federally regulated safe fuel handling practices, equipment maintenance, and record-keeping. By establishing a strong Fuel Operations & Maintenance workplace with community employees who handle fuel products, the OFNTSC is ensuring that a healthy environment for our First Nations people is maintained.
Training is conducted by fuel handling professionals with certifications in petroleum mechanics for staff on emergency fuel spill response, spill reporting, fuel handling techniques and proper record keeping for First Nation administrations.
FUEL SPILL KITS NOW AVAILABLE
We provide training in:
- Compliance with Federal regulations that relate to petroleum products
- Fuel equipment support
- Training of privately-owned First Nation gas retailers
- Emergency Fuel Spill response
- Spill reporting
- Fuel handling techniques
- Proper record-keeping
- Home heating fuel tanks best practices