Operate and Maintain Disinfection Systems (0.4 CEUs)
Course Name: Operate and Maintain Disinfection Systems (0.4 CEUs)
Dates: April 20, 2021
Times: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Instructor: Mohammed Karim
To Register Email: [email protected]
- Apply principles of disinfection to protect public health
- Apply provincial and federal regulations related to disinfection
- Conduct routine tests to verify disinfection (bacteria, chlorine residual, turbidity)
- Determine chlorine demand and chlorine breakpoint for a raw water source
- Calculate chlorine dosages based upon the CT concept
- Operate and maintain liquid and gas chlorine delivery systems
- Control THM production through chloramination or post-filtration chlorination
- Contain chlorine spills and properly utilize safety equipment
- Compare the advantages of chlorination to alternative disinfection systems including UV and ozone.
Date and Time
Mohammed N. Karim, M. Eng, P.