Refrigerant Removal & Recovery - Online Training!
The purpose of this online training is to provide participants with the theoretical background required to safely recover, reuse and recycle refrigerants from discarded refrigerant products. A field program will follow the on-line training for those participants who attain 75% on the exam.
This online training offered through the Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) and sponsored by OFNTSC.
Register by August 21 to reserve your space as spots are limited!
For more information, contact Deneen Brigham at (807) 628-2485 or [email protected]
The ODP Certification offered through the Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) is based on Environment Canada’s “Code of Practice for Elimination of Fluorocarbon Emissions in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems”, deals with environmentally-correct equipment design, proper handling of refrigerants, and will prepare participants for complying with Federal and Provincial Regulations covering refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those directly involved in managing diversion programs or with overall responsibility for solid waste management within their First Nation or Tribal Council and for those who require the ODP Certification** for the purchasing and/or handling of refrigerants.
Specific Topics Include:
- Science of ozone depletion
- Leak detection methods
- System charging procedures
- Special maintenance provisions
- Refrigerant recovery, reuse, recycle and reclamation equipment
Exam and Certification:
- On completion of this theoretical course, participants will have 1.5 hours to complete a final exam.
- Participants who achieve 75% or higher on the exam will receive certification and get an Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP) Card.
- Certified individuals will be invited to attend a field course* providing hands-on training with use in refrigerant recovery and reclamation equipment.
One participant per First Nation or Tribal Council is invited to register. Please complete the registration form on Event Brite.
*Please note: Due to COVID-19 the field program for this training remains currently under development.
**Please note: This is NOT a trade license or trade qualification.
Online Virtual Training