3229 Basic Applied Mathematics for Water & Wastewater Plants: 1.8 CEU
Dates: Mar 2, 3, 4 & Mar 9, 10, 11, 2021 9 am-1 pm
Instructor: Mohammed Karim
To register: email [email protected]
Basic mathematical skills are required to properly operate water and wastewater
plants. These skills are used by operators to optimize plant operations and to
improve water and wastewater qualities produced by the treatment plants.
Basic mathematical skills used on a daily basis include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Calculate average water usage, peak usage and flow rates.
- Calculating pump capacities.
- Calculating areas and volumes of reservoirs, lagoons and cylindrical tanks.
- Calculating dosages delivered by chemical feeders.
- Converting Imperial units to metric units, or vice versa.
- Calculating available pressures in distribution systems.
Mohammed N. Karim, M. Eng, P.