We're Here for You
The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation understands the importance of supporting each other and promoting health in First Nations communities to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Your safety, as well as the safety of our employees, is of the utmost importance to us. We are closely following the recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and our staff are currently working from home while continuing to deliver services and training.
COVID-19 Provincial Lockdown January 2021 Update to Stakeholders:
Due to the recent state of emergency declaration and new COVID-19 measures that were implemented by Ontario, OFNTSC’s offices are currently closed and our staff will continue to work from home until February 10, 2021.
All OFNSTC employees have been instructed to adapt their workplans and program/service delivery to an online format. As the OFNTSC does provide essential services to our First Nations communities in the areas of water & wastewater and housing inspections, some OFNTSC staff, including the HUB Program Technicians and Infrastructure Specialists, will occasionally deliver services in person at the request of a First Nation or Tribal Council.
The OFNTSC continues to provide personal protective equipment to our staff who are delivering services in person along with other extra precautionary measures we have taken to ensure that all safety standards are met and exceeded. For more information please click on the link below.
You may still reach out to OFNTSC via email, through our website, and on social media for assistance.
You can contact us as usual for:
- Emergency Planning: 416-209-4041
- Operations and Maintenance: 416-948-8738
- Water and Wastewater: 807-633-1068
- Engineering Services: 807-633-1068
- Housing: 416-529-0586
- Environment: 416-347-9557
- Finance: 647-525-9033 or 416-435-8972
We’ll continue to monitor the situation, and we’ll update this page if anything changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can also reach out to our Brantford Office at 226-493-0225.
Stay safe. We’re all in this together.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Indigenous Communities
- Coronavirus disease from the Public Health Agency of Canada
- Coronavirus updates from the Province of Ontario
- Chiefs of Ontario Coronavirus Blog
- Indigenous Services Canada’s preparedness and response to COVID-19
- Public service announcements about COVID-19 in Indigenous Languages (coming soon)
- Ontario helping Indigenous communities stop the spread of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Loan Payment Deferrals for Indigenous Clients