Basic Applied Math CEU
Basic mathematical skills used on a daily basis include, but not limited to, the following:
1. Calculate average water usage, peak usage and flow rates.
2. Calculating pump capacities.
3. Calculating areas and volumes of reservoirs, lagoons and cylindrical tanks.
4. Calculating dosages delivered by chemical feeders.
5. Converting Imperial units to metric units, or vice versa.
6. Calculating available pressures in distribution systems.
The following course will prepare the plant operator with the understanding of basic mathematics to perform the above mentioned tasks.