The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is a technical advisory service for the 18 Unaffiliated First Nations, 16 Tribal Councils, and 6 Large First Nations in Ontario. The OFNTSC provides services in Circuit Rider Training, Emergency Planning, Environment, Engineering, Fuel Systems Management, Fire Safety, Housing, Infrastructure, Operations and Maintenance, Water and Wastewater and our Water and Wastewater Specialist Service.
WHAT DOES THE ENVIRONMENT SERVICE OFFER?
The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) offers a wide variety of services to Ontario First Nations and tribal councils. The OFNTSC’s Environment Service works with communities and tribal councils to provide technical support, advisory services and training in the following key areas:
- Solid Waste Management – including: landfill operations, waste diversion, and environmental investigations
- Source Water Protection
- Environmental Site Assessment and Contaminated Site Remediation
- Environmental Legislation, Regulation and Best Practice – including environmental assessment
- Climate Change and Energy Planning
- Assistance with accessing federal funds for environmental/infrastructure projects – including Minor Capital Submissions, Terms of Reference, and Reporting
Services offered by the OFNTSC are free of charge to Unaffiliated First Nations, large First Nations and Tribal Councils in Ontario. Contact us today, to see how we can assist you.
BENEFITS OF USING THE OFNTSC’s ENVIRONMENT SERVICE
- Our Environmental Scientists have over 40 years of combined experience working with First Nations communities
- We have knowledge of provincial and federal legislation and best practice applicable to First Nations lands
- We understand the need to consider community and Indigenous knowledge in First Nations projects and training
- Sharing the story: through our work with communities we share the story of practical First Nations successes which communities can build on
- Through our work we are helping to create and support a network of First Nations environmental professionals
SPECIAL PROJECTS FOR 2019-2020
The OFNTSC’s Environment Service will be working on these special projects over the next fiscal year:
- Development of an Ontario First Nations Solid Waste Management Strategy including regional workshops
- Development and Delivery of Household Hazardous Waste Training
- Development and Delivery of Transfer Station Operations & Maintenance Training
- Development and Delivery of Solid Waste Diversion, Auditing, and Promotion and Education Training
If you have any questions in regards to the services offered by the OFNTSC, we invite you to make contact with one of our service centres. Please contact the Service Centre geographically located closest to you.
Toll Free: 1-888-892-8281