OFNTSC's Circuit Rider Training Program (CRTP) focuses on administering Certified-Education-Unit (CEU) and on the-job-training (OJT) to First Nations water and wastewater systems operators
What we accomplished in 2019/2020:
- Extended the CRTP funding agreement until 2020-21.
- Doubled the number of Circuit Rider Trainers able to facilitate OFNTSC’s Operator training services.
- Increased the number of CEU & OJT training hours facilitated through the CRTP.
- Extended the CRTP into National prominence by facilitating CEU training to Operators from other regions of Canada.
- Support the development of additional First Nation partnerships.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2019/2020:
- By displaying that operator training is an integral component of maintaining community health, the OFNTSC maintained a training curriculum specific to First Nation water & wastewater infrastructure.
- The OFNTSC’s CRTP training plans ensured that water and wastewater systems operators are up-to-date on their specific treatment plants’ operations & maintenance requirements and are prepared for any unplanned events that may be detrimental to water quality in their community.
- The OFNTSC has created a clear relationship between training, operational support & pending development of a regulative body. Ongoing discussions continue with a multitude of partners with a target eventually leading to the formation of a First Nation owned water & wastewater governing commission.
- By facilitating First Nations’ operational support services through the CRTP, the OFNTSC has not only demonstrated a flexibility in its services but the ability to have the Operators of First Nation water & wastewater systems attain provincially accredited licensing. Establishing partnerships with Tribal Councils that include KO, PWI, IFNA, & Bimose, recognized water industry organizations that support First Nations KCE, WCWC and AWWAO and developing relationships with academia will ultimately ensure that our First Nations have a water source that is both dependable and healthy.
There are currently no upcoming events.
GOALS FOR 2020-2021:
- Increase the number of Water Treatment Operator’s-in-Training on First Nations.
- Develop Preventative Maintenance Plans for First Nations water & wastewater Infrastructure.
- Decrease the number of BWA’s & LTDWA’s on First Nations.
- Increase the number of First Nation Operators participating in the CRTP.
- Expand on the OFNTSC’s partnerships with industry & government and develop relationships with academia.
- Establish the CRTP as an OFNTSC core service delivery program.