Fundamentals of Solid Waste Diversion Training
October 1 & 2, 2019
Comfort Inn, Sturgeon Falls
Nipissing First Nation
The Fundamentals of Solid Waste Diversion training is a two-days learning opportunity for interested First Nations and Tribal Council representatives.
A comprehensive Ontario First Nations Solid Waste Diversion Guide will be provided.
• To provide practical guidance on establishing waste diversion programs, including monitoring and measuring performance.
• To implement industry best practices.
• To design effective promotional and educational tools.
• To provide community case studies.
• On completion, participants will have; participated in a professional waste audit; conducted a mock set-out study; calculated their community’s solid waste tonnages; and designed promotional and education materials for their community (with print samples to take home).
Who should attend?
Designed for those directly involved in managing diversion programs or with overall responsibility for solid waste management within their First Nation.
One participant per First Nation or Tribal Council is invited to register.
The costs of accommodation (room and tax only) are covered for representatives for confirmed participants.
Eligible travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Contact Roopa Rakshit at [email protected] or by telephone at 807-632-9595 ext. 114