Improving Ontario’s Blue Box - Update on Path Forward (Virtual Meeting)
Resource Recovery Policy Branch would like to thank you for feedback we have received so far on the Blue Box Program and would like to continue the dialogue with you and have a detailed conversation on the core proposed policies for the draft producer responsibility regulation that is currently under development.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to opt for safer measures, the ministry is offering to host a virtual meeting on August 6, 2020 from 10 am to 12 noon through Skype for Business and create a forum for discussion of the overview of the draft policies as well as the effect these draft policies will have on First Nation communities and Tribal Councils.
The draft policies to be discussed during the virtual meeting will include:
- A hierarchy of producers that are responsible for meeting outcomes
- Materials to be collected
- Collection and management requirements
- Registration and reporting
The goal is to post a draft regulation for further engagement later this year, and finalize the regulations early in 2021 and transition the program to a producer-led model by 2025. The ministry values your input and we are committed to sharing the draft regulation to hear your views.
How this session will work:
- We will use Skype to broadcast the PowerPoint and the audio presentation. There is no phone line.
- On August 6 at 10, AM please click the link below to join the meeting.
- We encourage you to log in 15 minutes before the start of the session to make sure the platform is working and deal with any technical issues.
- After staff have presented, there will be the opportunity for staff to address your questions and comments.
- If preferred, you will also have the option to submit questions or comments through the Skype chat function. Ministry staff will monitor the chat function, repeating and answering questions.