Location: Thunder Bay and Brantford, Ontario
Closing Date: Open until filled
The mandate of the Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is to provide engineering and technical advisory services to all Unaffiliated First Nations and Tribal Councils in Ontario. The OFNTSC requires the services of (2) Water and Wastewater Engineers to assist the OFNTSC team. One position will be located in the Brantford office and one position will be located in the Thunder Bay office.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide professional engineering advisory services in all aspects of water and wastewater systems including water supply, treatment and distribution, sewage collection, treatment and disposal, and other municipal services.
- Conduct assessment studies/investigations and prepare reports for water and wastewater systems.
- Prepare, review and manage reports.
- Prepare and assist in developing terms of reference for each phase of projects.
- Review work, including studies and designs, performed by consultants.
- Participate on project teams to ensure the successful completion of water and wastewater projects which meets the needs of the First Nation community.
- Assist First Nations with completing their wastewater effluent regulatory reporting requirements
- Assist Tribal Councils and First Nations in ensuring that designs and construction projects comply with all codes and guidelines as well as provide advisory services on any issues related to Water and Wastewater Systems.
- Assist with Conference and Workshop related activities.
- Act as a liaison between First Nations and government agencies.
- Assist OFNTSC clients with obtaining various sources of outside funding (ie: Indigenous Services Canada, Health Canada, Ministry of Infrastructure, Environment Canada, and others).
- Licensed by the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the completion of studies, design and construction of water and wastewater systems in First Nations communities or municipalities.
- Strong background and knowledge of water treatment plants and processes
- Knowledge of technical, financial and economic aspects of water and wastewater systems.
- Project coordination experience.
- Report writing experience and good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Project management and technical advisory experience is an asset.
- Previous experience with First Nation communities is an asset.
- Sensitivity to the unique needs of First Nation peoples.
Please mark clearly on subject line of the email “WATER AND WASTEWATER ENGINEER” and send your cover letter and resume with the attachment labelled as [LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_WWENGINEER2020] to:
Melanie Debassige, Executive Director
Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation
195 Henry Street, Building #4, Unit #3
Brantford, Ontario, N3S 5C9
We thank all applicants, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.