Location: Thunder Bay/Brantford/Mississaugas of the Credit
Closing Date: June 30, 2022
The mandate of the Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is to provide engineering and technical advisory services to all First Nations in Ontario. Under the direction of the OFNTSC Executive Director, the Summer Student will be mainly responsible for assisting OFNTSC Staff, in the delivery of services to First Nations and Tribal Councils throughout Ontario. This is a contract position and will be located in the Thunder Bay, Brantford, or Mississaugas of the Credit office. Strict confidentiality must be recognized and maintained at all times.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SECONDARY AND POST SECONDARY STUDENTS INTERESTED AND/OR ENROLLED IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Architectural Technology
- Environmental Science
- Fire Safety
- Water and Wastewater
- Operations and Maintenance/Asset Management
- Youth Mentorship
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be between the ages of 15-30 and of Indigenous/First Nations Status.
- Enrolled in a secondary/post-secondary education program and returning to study Fall 2022.
- Public relations skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully and exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions.
- Ability to use computers for Word, Excel, Google suite, and other programs.
- Must be self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to work from the New Credit of Mississaugas, Brantford, or Thunder Bay office.
"In efforts to promote the safety, security, and wellbeing of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination."
Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation
195 Henry Street, Building #4, Unit #3
Brantford, Ontario, N3S 5C9
We thank all applications, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.