Location: Brantford (Hybrid model)
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) has been awarded a project; Housing Supply Challenge, from the federal government, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) to develop a software tool that will collect housing data in First Nation communities in Ontario. This tool will allow the communities to determine and understand their housing needs, current, and future, based on the collected data.
The main objective of the CMHC Housing Supply Challenge project is to discover the housing supply needs in First Nation communities in Ontario using a software tool that is both user-friendly and cost-effective. In order to meet the project objective, the Project Manager will review and further develop the Proof of Concept document and enhance the drafted project documents that have been completed to date.
This is a contract position ending March 31, 2023.
Below is a breakdown of the project concept with the four main components:
- Develop a data collection software program using Microsoft PowerApps and PowerBI
- Develop a housing costing model to interface with the software program
- Develop a housing assessment standard to be used when assessing FN homes in communities
- Hire and train additional assessors to carry out the assessments in FN communities
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Recruitment of a PowerBI Developer and oversee project deliverables;
- Engage with consultant to develop a housing costing model;
- Lead the development of engagement and communication plans to gain support from key stakeholder groups;
- Prepare monthly project status reports;
- Actively participate in discussions, ideas, and suggestions that are brought forward by the project team and key stakeholders; and
- Additional tasks assigned as required to meet the project deliverables and outcomes.
- Professional designation or Bachelor's degree in Economics or Business Administration or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management Infrastructure/Housing Projects preferred;
- Certification in Project Management Professional is considered an asset;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Experience in leading and directing the work of others;
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Sensitivity to the unique needs of First Nations/Indigenous peoples.
- Understanding of working with the Indigenous community is preferred. Preference will be given to an Indigenous/FN candidate
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
"In efforts to promote the safety, security, and wellbeing of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination."
Please mark clearly on the subject line of the email “PROJECT MANAGER” and send your cover letter and resume in one (1) PDF file labelled [LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_Project Manager]
We thank all applications, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted