Location: Thunder Bay
Closing Date: Until Filled
The mandate of the Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is to provide engineering and technical advisory services to all Unaffiliated First Nations and Tribal Councils in Ontario.
The OFNTSC requires the services of an Operator-In-Training to assist the OFNTSC.
- Support the operation of water treatment and distribution systems.
- Check, clean & lubricate waterworks equipment.
- Adjust and repair waterworks equipment under the direction of a qualified WTP Operator.
- Testing and monitoring using chemicals (such as chlorine).
- Perform general maintenance on waterworks equipment.
- Provide labour support for water & wastewater operations as needed.
- Assist the WTP Operator in the maintenance, testing and monitoring of; water mains, major sewers and pumping stations.
- Working in unsanitary and odorous conditions.
- Responds to inquiries, complaints and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Keeps a record of work performed, the location of and the condition of equipment.
- Search, locate and repair reported water distribution system leaks.
- Fire hydrant repairs and fire hydrant flow testing.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with the application of related Provincial legislation and acts.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Grade 12 education or relevant post-secondary education in a technical or environmental field of knowledge.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to progress through the Ministry of Environment
- Conservation and Parks (MOECP) Operator licensing and certification in water distribution and water treatment. Effective communication skills (oral and written).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Must be a member of the participating Unaffiliated First Nation’s community and available after regular working hours to work in emergency situations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
"In efforts to promote the safety, security, and wellbeing of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination."
Please mark clearly the upload as “Operator-In-Training” and upload your cover letter and resume with the attachment labelled as [LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_OIT_2021]
We thank all applicants, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.