Location: Brantford/Missasauga's of the Credit
Under the direction of the Human Resource Manager, we are seeking an enthusiastic and competent HR Intern to join our Human Resources Department.
As an HR Intern, you will provide assistance to our HR department in day-to-day operations. You will assist the HR Department in various tasks including but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, employee engagement, employee training and development and off-boarding.
Strict confidentiality must be recognized and maintained at all times
- Assist with preparing and maintaining Human Resource records, including personnel files, ensuring the accuracy, compliance and confidentiality of the information
- Assist with validation and maintenance of personnel information and employee records through HRMS (Bamboo HR) and other systems (HR Downloads)
- Assist in HR related functions including; recruitment, on-boarding, training, performance evaluations, and off-boarding procedures
- Ensure the secure handling and storage of confidential documents
- Assists with OFNTSC employee engagement and recognition initiatives
- Travel may be required;
- Other duties as needed and assigned by the Supervisor
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completed first year of a Bachelor Degree or College Diploma in Business, Human Resources or similar field with plans to continue
- Previous experience working in a Human Resource Department is an asset
- Working knowledge of Google Suites, Excel, HRIS and/or HRMS is an asset
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and handle multiple tasks
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with an Indigenous organization and culture is an asset
- Proficiency with Internet, E-mail and other business-related computer software is required
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be between the ages of 15-30, and of Indigenous/First Nation Status as per the funding
- Ability to work from Brantford and/or Mississaugas of the Credit
- Must be available during regular working hours Monday – Friday 8:30 – 4:30
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Come join our growing
• • • • •
Abi wiijii’en ndo
• • • • •
Taskwatia’táhrhahs ne onkwentióhkwa
In efforts to promote the safety, security, and wellbeing of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination.
Please mark clearly on the subject line of the email “HR Intern” and send your cover letter and resume in one (1) PDF file labeled [LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_ HR Intern]
We thank all applicants, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.