Location: Remote/home office and First Nation Communities
Closing Date: Until Filled
The mandate of the Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is to provide engineering and technical advisory services to all Unaffiliated First Nations and Tribal Councils in Ontario. The OFNTSC requires the services of an Industrial Maintenance Electrician to assist the OFNTSC HUB Services team. This position work will require 90% of the time-traveling/working in First Nation communities within Ontario and 10% time in-home/remote office.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general supervision of the OFNTSC HUB Manager and Coordinator, the Industrial Maintenance Electrician is responsible for:
Working onsite at Unaffiliated First Nation water and wastewater plants; installation, inspection, adjustment, and repair of electrical and instrumentation equipment while following safety rules and regulations. Maintain all equipment to required standards and be responsive to the First Nations’ operators' needs and equipment failures. Work as part of a team but would routinely perform work independently and maintain a high level of accuracy, safety, and professionalism, while performing the duties.
- Reading diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Performs the installation, repair, and preventative maintenance on a wide variety of electrical control systems, equipment, and components including instrumentation.
- Installs troubleshoots and performs preventative or scheduled maintenance for all electrical and control systems.
- Provides technical expertise in equipment including pump house, lift stations, and treatment plant systems.
- Document work completed, work in progress, and annual permit requirements on computerized maintenance history records.
- Performs electrical work including repairs to lighting fixtures, switches, and outlets, run new circuits, control wiring, instrumentation control devices, data cabling, and HVAC.
- Perform maintenance on standby generators, their control system, and on SCADA systems.
- Perform Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming.
- Participating in the PM program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all equipment.
- Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports, documentation, and work orders.
- Controls downtime by informing UFN Water Plant operators of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance and input of Preventative Maintenance (PM) work orders.
- Assist and recommend equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock at each site to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; assist with placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepares electrical and instrumentation maintenance reports and audits by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among Hub technicians and operators by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in industrial and process control electrical work
- Knowledge of the Electrical code and the methods safety requirements applicable to the work
- Journeyman ticket/certificate; Red seal experience is a definite asset but not required
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills allowing one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment
- Ability to work independently without supervision and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots and tools
- Preference will be given to an applicant with experience in maintenance related to a regulated Water and/or Wastewater Treatment System
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License, or equivalent. Must be competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and be capable of issuing clearly understandable verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to travel to Unaffiliated First Nations extensively by vehicle or small aircraft.
In efforts to promote the safety, security, and wellbeing of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination.
Please mark uploads clearly “HUB INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN” and send your cover letter and resume with the attachment labelled as [LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_HUB-INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN 2021]
We thank all applicants, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.