Location: Atikameksheng Anishnawbek or Brantford, Ontario
The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is a nonprofit organization that provides technical advisory services, training, and capacity development to First Nations communities in Ontario. By offering a wide range of specialized services and expertise, OFNTSC helps to enhance the quality of life, promote self-sufficiency, and foster economic growth within these communities.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Executive Assistant to join our team at OFNTSC for a 12 to 18-month term. Under the guidance of the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will play a crucial role in managing calendars, handling communications, coordinating travel, preparing documents, facilitating meetings, and providing executive administrative support to ensure the efficient functioning of the Executive Director’s office. This position requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a keen attention to detail, as well as the ability to handle various administrative tasks with professionalism and efficiency.
These tasks must be executed in alignment with the culture and values of OFNTSC while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Coordinate all incoming/outgoing correspondence from the Executive Director’s office using discretion to determine the appropriate recipient in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintain filing system in accordance with office file and records management procedures using a cloud-based platform.
- Schedule meetings, create meeting invitations for the Executive Director and Board of Directors, External Advisory Committees and Internal Board Committees prepare and distribute meeting minutes, motions/resolutions, action items, agendas and notices via online database and paper copies.
- Coordinate accommodations, transportation, and travel for the Executive Director, Board of Directors and management executives and input travel itinerary into calendars.
- Prepare, review, and manage reports.
- Minute-taking for Board of Directors, Internal Board Committees, External Advisory Committee Meetings, all management meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Assist in event-related activities (Annual Conference, Water Symposium, TechNations).
- Complete travel claims for the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Elder.
- Work in collaboration with the Communications Manager to lead, initiate and coordinate all efforts to publicize events.
- Complete monthly Visa reconciliations.
- Responsibilities may extend beyond the outlined duties to accommodate the dynamic nature of the role.
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Business Administration, or a related field is an asset.
- 3-5 years of Executive Assistant experience supporting senior level management is required.
- Proficiency in computer operations, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and other software applications.
- Self-motivated with exceptional verbal and written communication abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a complex, highly confidential environment.
- Ability to work within a team on several projects concurrently
- Some out-of-town traveling is required through the province of Ontario.
- Reliable and insured vehicle and Valid driver’s license
*Priority will be given to First Nations applicants who meet the mandatory requirements.
Come join our growing
• • • • •
Abi wiijii’en ndo
• • • • •
Taskwatia’táhrhahs ne onkwentióhkwa
In efforts to promote the safety, security, and well-being of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccination.
If you are passionate about supporting First Nations communities and possess the necessary skills and qualifications, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position. Please upload your documents and label as [LastName_FirstName_Admin Executive Assistant].
We thank all applicants, however, only those receiving an interview will be contacted.