Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Operations is responsible for leading the execution of the technical operations of OFNTSC in support of its goal of fostering technical self-reliance within First Nations of Ontario. This is done by providing advisory services in Housing, Fire and Safety, HUB, CRTP, and CMHC.
The Director of Operations will ensure that client’s expectations are met within the organization’s financial goals. Additionally, the Director of Operations provides leadership and guidance to all Operations employees and leads or directs all client contact in a consistent manner with OFNTSC culture and values.
- Ensures that all OFNTSC clients receive the best possible technical expertise and professionalism in service at all times
- Provides subject matter expertise and or reports to the Board of Directors and associated committees where appropriate.
- Provides input to the Executive Director where necessary to develop an annual budget and Operations work plan.
- Acts as the primary contact for all federal, provincial and local stakeholders regarding operational issues or concerns.
- Provides input into OFNTSC strategic plan regarding operational issues and is responsible for their implementation.
- Oversees CMHC program contract
- Ensures that all expenditures fall within OFNTSC’s financial limitations for the operations function
- Provides advice and guidance to all stakeholders regarding service delivery, best-practices policy and legal developments and assesses their impact on OFNTSC
- Ensures that program delivery to clients is executed in a manner that achieves satisfaction while staying within OFNTSC’s budgetary and mandated responsibilities.
- Responsible for HR-related functions within the OFNTSC operations, including: interviewing, recruiting and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, assisting where required with appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving employee relations issues.
- Ensures that all operations team employees are aligned with and working in support of the OFNTSC annual work plan and mission statement.
- Represents OFNTSC in meetings and conferences or on committees and working groups where appropriate;
- Ensures that all OFNTSC policies & procedures are followed
- Ensures that, where appropriate, strict confidentiality is recognized and maintained according to OFNTSC policy at all times.
Education & Experience:
- College diploma or similar post-secondary education is required
- 5 years related experience in a senior technical management role or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience with an Indigenous organization and culture is an asset
- Proficient technical communication skills at a leadership level.
- Proficiency with Google Platform Internet, E-mail and other business-related computer software is required.
"In efforts to promote the safety, security, and wellbeing of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination."
Please mark clearly the upload as “Director of Operations” and upload your cover letter and resume with the attachment labelled as [LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_Director_Operations]
We thank all applicants, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted