Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Engineering and Infrastructure Services is responsible for leading, coordinating, implementing and administrating the services and programs of OFNTSC’s Engineering, Environmental, Asset Management, Climate Change, Solid Wate Management division.
Ensures all Engineering and Infrastructure services are successfully completed, and financial objectives are achieved within budget. Provides leadership and guidance to all Engineering and Infrastructure services employees. Leads and directs all client and external engineering contact in a manner that is consistent with OFNTSC culture and values.
- Ensures that service deliverables to clients are maintained on time and in a manner that meets their expectations and the OFNTSC’s committed obligations.
- Provides input into the OFNTSC’s strategic plan regarding Engineering and Infrastructure Services and is responsible for its implementation.
- Determines the impact of external changes within the engineering industry and provides advice to stakeholders regarding best-practice policies and legal implications on the corporation.
- Prepare and present reports for the consideration of the Executive Director, OFNTSC’s Board of Directors, Regional, Provincial and National Committees and First Nation communities.
- Provides subject matter expertise to the OFNTSC Board of Directors and associated committees where appropriate.
- Provides support, development and oversight for special Capital budget programs
- Meets with the OFNTSC’s senior manager monthly to ensure corporate objectives are being met.
- Develops an annual operating and capital budget and ensures that all portfolio expenditures fall within the department's financial limitations.
- Explores additional lines of business for the OFNTSC.
- Develops work plans for Engineering and Infrastructure Services team employees.
- Responsible for Human Resources-related functions within the Engineering and Infrastructure Services department, including interviewing, recruiting and training
- employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving employee relations issues.
- Represents the OFNTSC in meetings and conferences or on committees and working groups where appropriate.
- Ensures that all the OFNTSC policies & procedures are followed within area of the responsibility.
- Ensures strict confidentiality is recognized and maintained according to the OFNTSC policy at all times
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Engineering
- 5 years related experience in a senior management role or equivalent combination of engineering experience and management
- P.Eng. designation is preferred.
- Proficient project management and accounting skills are required
- Experience with an Aboriginal organization and culture is an asset
- Proficiency with Internet, E-mail and other business and engineering-related computer software is required.
"In efforts to promote the safety, security, and wellbeing of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination."
Please mark clearly the upload as “Director of Engineering and Infrastructure Services” and upload your cover letter and resume with the attachment labelled as [LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_Director_Engineering]
We thank all applicants, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.