Location: Mississauga’s of the Credit First Nation Office
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The mandate of the Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is to provide engineering and technical advisory services to all First Nations in Ontario.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Corporate Finance and Administration is responsible for leading financial and related administrative/operational functions within OFNTSC.
This includes ensuring that OFNTSC has financial systems in place which follow current best practice and processes with the capacity to support the mandated objectives as identified by the OFNTSC Board of Directors.
The Director of Corporate Finance and Administration is responsible for implementing and monitoring the corporate and project financial analysis, as well as providing leadership in the areas of financial administration and Information Technology asset management, including financial management, financial planning, financial forecasting, financial reporting, reporting on service standards, corporate planning, and corporate risk management. Strict confidentiality must be recognized and maintained at all times.
- Support the Executive Director in leading, directing and overseeing the financial administration, corporate planning and risk management functions of OFNTSC
- Ensure all financial transactions are in compliance with OFNTSC policies and procedures; and the accurate, timely and reliable functioning of all Finance and Administration related responsibilities
- Lead and support Finance and Administration employees in the financial planning process including, the creation of annual budgets and periodic financial forecasts
- Lead and support Finance and Administration employees in managing investments and debt, in alignment with cash flow needs
- Oversee the design and preparation of high quality and timely financial reports to the executive management team and the Board of Directors
- Provide advice and assurance on the accuracy of reports and compliance to statutory and legislative obligations, working closely with Finance and Administration employees.
- Lead and support Finance and Administration employees in all payroll, RRSP, compensation and other related employee files
- Lead and provide advice on the exercise of prudent financial management and facilitate adherence to program budgets and financial policy
- Ensure the review and maintenance of a system of financial procedures and controls to minimize wrongdoing and fraud
- Provide guidance to the Executive Director and Finance and Administration employees on adherence to relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Provide advice to the Executive Director, and to the Audit and Risk Management Committee of the Board of Directors on financial management, financial monitoring, forecasting, budgeting, and planning activities
- Liaise with the OFNTSC Board of Directors and Audit and Finance Committee members as required
- Provide advice and support to the Executive Director and leadership to staff on business planning, forecasting and performance measurement activities
- Develop, identify, analyze, monitor and report key performance measures to identify risks and opportunities.
- Provide advice and support to the Executive Director and executive management team on the creation and monitoring of internal and external client service standards
- Support the strategic planning process, the integrated business planning process and the development of the annual OFNTSC business plan
- Provide input, where necessary, into financial analysis, risk analysis and decision support to the executive management team and Board of Directors
- Provide advice and support to the Executive Director and executive management team in planning, designing and implementing the corporate risk management processes and activities
- Provide advice and support to the Executive Director and executive management team on the development and maintenance of the business continuity management program, ensuring alignment to regulatory requirements and best practices
- Provide advice and support to the Executive Director and executive management team on the emergency management strategy, including disaster response activities, disaster preparedness training, and tests and evaluations of plans
- Provide advice and support to the Executive Director and executive management team in ensuring adequate insurance coverage on all insurable assets and activities
- Ensure compliance, timely and accurate reporting and responses to external government agencies, financial institutions the Board of Directors and other financial stakeholders for financial accountability.
- Provide critical oversight and compliance on funding agreement monitoring and reporting to each respective agency.
- Ensure compliance with the Notice of Reporting Requirements from the government.
- Provide critical oversight and compliance on contracts assigned by OFNTSC to various contractors.
- Ensure a high level of regular communication takes place externally with funding agencies and internally with Finance and Administration department staff.
- Provide regular and timely reports to the Executive Director on Funding agreements and contracts assigned by OFNTSC to various contractors.
- Provide review and analysis for major expenditures and capital projects.
- Provide leadership to the Finance and Administrative team including; recruiting and training employees, planning and directing work, appraising performance, performance management, addressing complaints, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Ensure effective preparation for and management of the annual financial audit statement and pension audit.
- Review Material contracts from a financial perspective and makes necessary recommendations
- Negotiate with key suppliers on terms and conditions.
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in a related discipline
- Professional accounting designation, (CPA, CAFM or equivalent) or in the final stage of acquiring one (Those in the final stage of acquiring a designation will only be considered if the minimum experience is greatly exceeded)
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a financial leadership role
- Experience with an Indigenous organization and culture is an asset
- Computer literacy including proficiency in financial related computer software
- Demonstrated ability to foster strong interpersonal and collaborative relationships and the ability to motivate a team
- Demonstrated clear, concise, and consistent communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and learning
Please mark clearly on the subject line of the email “Director of Corporate Finance & Administration” and send your cover letter and resume with the attachment labeled as [LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_DIRECTOROFCORPFINANCE&ADMIN] to:
Vikas Poni, Director of People, Strategy and Engagement
Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation
195 Henry Street, Building #4, Unit #3
Brantford, Ontario, N3S 5C9
We thank all applications, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.