Location: Brantford/Thunder Bay
Closing Date: Open until filled
The mandate of the Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is to provide engineering and technical advisory services to all First Nations in Ontario. The OFNTSC requires the services of an experienced Civil Engineer to assist the OFNTSC team
The position will be located in the Brantford or Thunder Bay Office.
The ideal candidate is a professional engineer, with strong civil engineering background, to assist and advise First Nations in all areas of civil engineering including studies, design, construction and project management. Typical projects include water and wastewater infrastructure, roads, drainage, solid waste, housing and buildings, including schools.as well as project management.
- Technical knowledge and experience in the design and construction of civil\municipal engineering projects such as roads, bridges, schools, water and waste management systems, housing and buildings
- Review studies and design drawings for compliance with legislation, codes, standards, best practices and guidelines and provide advisory services on issues related to capital infrastructure projects.
- Liaise with and advise Tribal Councils, Large First Nations and Unaffiliated First Nations regarding existing and proposed projects both capital and operation and maintenance
- Assist First Nations with the federal and provincial funding approval process for minor and major capital projects and operations and maintenance projects
- Be aware of and apply current regulations and guidelines relevant to facility design and operation and maintenance, and construction including health and safety
- Assist with funding applications and coordination of work once funding is secure
- Assist First Nations with retaining consultants in a competitive manner once funding is secured through developing design terms of references and assisting with the design consultant selection process
- Complete other special projects, as may be assigned including needs analysis, training course development and presentations at OFNTSC workshops and
- Review all submissions from consultants and contractors including consultant proposals, designs, construction quotations and tenders.
- Assist with Conference and Workshop related activities.
- Act as a Liaison between First Nations and government agencies and assist with obtaining various sources of funding
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil preferred) and registration with Professional Engineers Ontario is required
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related experience
- Project Management and/or public works management experience is considered an asset
- Willing to travel throughout Ontario; and valid driver’s license
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability and understanding of computer applications and software including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of First Nations aspirations and culture and experience with First Nations are considered an asset
Come join our growing
• • • •
Abi wiijii’en ndo
• • • •
Taskwatia’táhrhahs ne onkwentióhkwa
In efforts to promote the safety, security, and wellbeing of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination.
Please mark uploaded files as “ENGINEER” and send your cover letter and resume with the attachment labelled as:
We thank all applications, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.