Closing Date: Open until filled
The mandate of the Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is to provide engineering and technical advisory services to all Unaffiliated First Nations and Tribal Councils in Ontario. The OFNTSC requires the services of a Circuit Rider Trainer that will provide onsite training to Water Treatment Plant Operators in First Nations located throughout the Province of Ontario.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Circuit Rider Trainer will be responsible for training First Nation Water Treatment Plant Operators in the operation and maintenance of their community’s water and wastewater infrastructure by providing onsite OFNTSC Certified-Education-Unit (CEU’s) and On-the-Job Training (OJT’s).
- Coordinate and schedule CEU & OJT training for First Nation Operators.
- Support First Nation Operators to maintain existing and attain higher levels of Operator licensing.
- Provision the development of capacity in First Nations supporting individuals interested in becoming Operators.
- Create, monitor, and submit accurate OFNTSC CRTP Operator Training Plans.
- Provide support to First Nations Operators as needed.
- Respond to First Nations Operators' inquiries and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Support the development of the OFNTSC’s CRTP CEU training library.
- Participate in OFNTSC and client-related seminars & conferences.
- Attend OFNTSC CRT training events.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer and mechanical aptitude.
- Familiar with operating SCADA, GIS, and CMMS systems.
- The ability to read technical drawings. Knowledge, understanding, and experience with the application of related Provincial legislation and acts. (Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Water Regulation Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, Environmental Protection Act).
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the operations of a Class II Water Treatment Plant.
- Valid Class II Water Treatment & Water Distribution Operator licenses and Ontario Driver’s License.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the Province of Ontario on a weekly basis.
In efforts to promote the safety, security, and wellbeing of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination.
Please mark uploaded files as “CircuitRiderTrainer” and send your cover letter and resume with the attachment labelled as:
We thank all applications, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.