The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) was established in 1995 to provide expert technical advisory services to the First Nations of Ontario. At that time, it was the first aboriginal organization in Canada mandated to provide professional technical and advisory services to First Nations communities and foster their technical self-reliance.
This position will require traveling/working in First Nation communities within Ontario.
Under the supervision of the Fuel Program Lead and the Director of Operations, the duties and responsibilities of the Bulk Fuel Handler in Training include:
- Maintain filing systems in accordance with office file and records management procedures.
Prepare, review and manage reports.
- Submit weekly/monthly schedules to Program Lead.
- Deliver training programs to First Nations clients via in-person, webinars, and online, professionally and respectfully.
- Site inspection of fuel systems and provide a report to the client.
- Plan & coordinate fuel-related training for First Nations.
- Register clients for training programs under the Fuel Program.
- Prepare, and mail certificates to clients.
- Shipping or delivering spill response equipment to First Nations.
- Maintaining training and spill response equipment records.
- Maintain equipment inventory.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- PMH/PM3 Certificate or ability to obtain.
- Mechanical abilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft and Google programs.
- Ability to present to small and large groups in-person and online.
- Sensitivity to the unique needs of Indigenous peoples.
- Extensive traveling is required throughout the province of Ontario.
- Reliable and insured vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to spend workdays in a community standing and walking for extended periods.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The ability to complete other duties as assigned.
*To ensure funding requirements are met, candidates must be Indigenous to be considered for this position and under the age of 30.*
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Come join our growing
• • • •
Abi wiijii’en ndo
• • • •
Taskwatia’táhrhahs ne onkwentióhkwa
"In efforts to promote the safety, security, and wellbeing of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination."
Please mark clearly the upload as “BULKFUELINTRAINING” and upload your cover letter and resume with the attachment labelled as [LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_BULK_FUEL]
We thank all applicants, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.