Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is a nonprofit organization that provides technical advisory services, training, and capacity development to First Nations communities in Ontario. By offering a wide range of specialized services and expertise, OFNTSC helps to enhance the quality of life, promote self-sufficiency, and foster economic growth within these communities.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Administrative Receptionist to join our team at OFNTSC. Under the guidance of the Director of Operations, the Administrative Receptionist will play a crucial role in ensuring a smooth and organized daily office operation while providing a welcoming and professional first point of contact for clients and visitors. This position requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a keen attention to detail, as well as the ability to handle various administrative tasks with professionalism and efficiency.
These tasks must be executed in alignment with the culture and values of OFNTSC while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Warmly welcoming clients and staff with a friendly attitude.
- Efficiently arranging and managing meetings and appointments.
- Answering and directing calls as received.
- Preparing and expediting mail and courier packages; receiving, sorting, and distributing mail.
- Assist and work closely with the Director of Operations and other staff as required.
- Managing and restocking office supplies.
- Creating written communications as required.
- Undertaking project-related tasks as necessary.
- Handling various administrative tasks such as filing, minute-taking, copying scanning, and more.
- Reconciliation of Director of Operations Visa Statement and receipts.
- Ability to prepare written technical letters, reports, and procedures which may include photos, charts, and graphs.
- Completion of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Possessing a diploma in Office Administration is an asset.
- Proficiency in computer operations, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and other software applications.
- Self-motivated with exceptional verbal and written communication abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Reliable and insured vehicle and valid Ontario driver’s license (preferably class G).
- Travel outside of the local area may be necessary within the province of Ontario.
*Priority will be given to First Nations applicants that meet the mandatory requirements.
Come join our growing
• • • • •
Abi wiijii’en ndo
• • • • •
Taskwatia’táhrhahs ne onkwentióhkwa
In efforts to promote the safety, security, and well-being of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccination.
If you are passionate about supporting First Nations communities and possess the necessary skills and qualifications, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position. Please upload your documents and label as [LastName_FirstName_Admin Receptionist].
We thank all applicants, however, only those receiving an interview will be contacted.