OFNTSC – CMHC Technical Services Provider
The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is a technical advisory service for the 19 Unaffiliated First Nations, 16 Tribal Councils and 6 Large First Nations in Ontario.. As of January 2019, the OFNTSC is now under contract with Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation (CMHC) as the Ontario Technical Service Provider for 2019. There is an option for renewal for 2020 & 2021.
WHAT DOES THE CMHC- OFNTSC TECHNICAL SERVICE PROVIDER OFFER?
The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) offers a wide variety of services to Ontario First Nations and Tribal Councils. The OFNTSC is under contract with CMHC to work with Ontario First Nation communities and Tribal Councils to conduct:
- Progress reviews for advances under the On-Reserve Non-Profit Housing Program (Section 95)
- Physical Condition Reviews (PCR’s) under the On-Reserve Non-Profit Housing Program (Section 95)
- Work descriptions and progress reviews for renovation programs CMHC Residential Rehabilitation Assistant Program (RRAP) for homeowners and disabled homeowners.
Service requests for the OFNTSC – CMHC Technical Services Provider program can be made directly to CMHC First Nation housing staff. CMHC will then be responsible to relay the First Nations or Tribal Councils request to the OFNTSC. Please contact your CMHC representative today to learn more about this service and its transition. Additionally, prospective clients can also access information at www.ofntsc.org under the OFNTSC-CMHC Technical Services Provider Services area. Contact us today, to see how we can assist you.
BENEFITS OF USING THE OFNTSC’s – CMHC Technical Services Provider program
- Enhanced reporting for CMHC new and existing homes
- Inspections provided by qualified First Nations inspectors
- Strong relationships with our Tribal Council partners for better client output
- Service provided in a timely, efficient matter
- Promotes First Nation technical self-reliance
- Building of community knowledge on how to address current and future needs as it relates to CMHC housing programs
- Homes built to CMHC standards
WORKPLAN PRIORITIES FOR 2018 – 2019
The OFNTSC’s – CMHC Technical Services Provider will be working on these priorities for the next fiscal year:
- Orientation Training to all sub-contractors of OFNTSC for CMHC programs
- Increase the communication between First Nations and CMHC Technical Service Providers
- Increase the CMHC program delivery with all clients to maximize their housing program potential
- Provide timely and efficient service
- Collaborate on technical training for service providers moving forward
If you have any questions in regards to the services offered by the OFNTSC, we invite you to contact Tom Northardt – OFNTSC/CMHC Technical Service Provider, Manager Toronto Office service centre. Please contact the Service Centre geographically located closest to you.
Thunder Bay Service Centre
200 South Syndicate Ave., Suite 206A
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 1C9
Toll Free: 1-888-892-8281
Toronto Service Centre
111 Peter St., Suite 606
Toronto, ON M5V 2H1
Toll Free: 1-888-535-3383
Brantford Service Centre
190 Henry Street
Toll Free: 1-888-535-3383