Thunder Bay Service Centre:
The Housing Service works with First Nation housing departments to develop capacity, and policies to assist First Nation’s with the delivery of housing services for on-reserve residents. The Housing Service also delivers training workshops over the course of a year, to assist in capacity building for First Nations.
- Training:Building Code Course, Building Practices, Energy Efficiency – Including R-2000, EnerGuide, Energy Star, Energy Advisor (For training opportunities please visit our training calendar by CLICKING HERE )
- Housing policy review, analysis, development, administration and management
- Building code interpretation and advice
- Assistance in research, development of housing business plans,and funding submissions
- Administration and delivery of R-2000, EnerGuide Rating System, and Energy Star for New Homes in co-operation with Natural Resources Canada
The Housing Service also provides technical expertise, and support to:
- Chiefs of Ontario: Ontario First Nations Steering Committee On Housing (OFNSCH)
- Assembly of First Nations: Chief’s Technical Committee on Housing
The OFNTSC’s Housing Service was one of the original services offered by the OFNTSC during its inception. The Housing Service first began by providing housing inspections to First Nations, but quickly grew to training and capacity development as demand outpaced resources.