Toronto Service Center:
Siobhan Kennedy, Fire and Safety Coordinator
Phone: 416-651-1443 ext. 257
The Fire and Safety Service assists First Nations with fire prevention training, and material. The Fire and Safety Service also works with communities to provide fire code interpretation/compliance, and on site inspections of community buildings for fire deficiencies. First Nation volunteer fire departments are also assisted by the Fire and Safety Service.
- Training:National Building Code (NBC) Part Three – Fire Protection, Occupant Safety and Accessibility
- Inspection Service: Inspection of community buildings for fire deficiencies
- Assist Fire Prevention Officers with fire prevention, code interpretation and compliance, fire department administration review/analysis
- Coordination of bulk fire equipment purchases
- Emergency vehicle specification review/analysis
The Fire and Safety Service was one of the original services offered by the OFNTSC in 1995. Originally Fire and Safety only provided on-site inspection services for fire deficiencies. Today it delivers training for the NBC, and assists First Nation volunteer fire departments in the dissemination of fire prevention material.