Toronto Service Center:
The Fire and Safety Service assists First Nations with fire prevention training, and material. The Fire and Safety Service also works with communities to provide fire code interpretation/compliance, and on site inspections of community buildings for fire deficiencies. First Nation volunteer fire departments are also assisted by the Fire and Safety Service.
- Training:National Building Code (NBC) Part Three – Fire Protection, Occupant Safety and Accessibility
- Inspection Service: Inspection of community buildings for fire deficiencies
- Assist Fire Prevention Officers with fire prevention, code interpretation and compliance, fire department administration review/analysis
- Coordination of bulk fire equipment purchases
- Emergency vehicle specification review/analysis
The Fire and Safety Service was one of the original services offered by the OFNTSC in 1995. Originally Fire and Safety only provided on-site inspection services for fire deficiencies. Today it delivers training for the NBC, and assists First Nation volunteer fire departments in the dissemination of fire prevention material.