Thunder Bay Service Centre:
Toronto Service Centre:
The OFNTSC’s Engineering Service works with First Nations to provide access to qualified engineers. From small, to large projects the Engineering Service works with communities at every stage of construction to ensure standards are being met. Everything from project planning, to commissioning of community facilities. The Engineering Service also provides essential skills and knowledge to First Nations on the creation, and development of major projects. See below for a complete list of services offered.
- Training: Contract Administration, Project Management
- Capital planning
- Engineering Service for large or small projects (design, review, oversee, commissioning)
- Quality assurance
- Terms of reference development
- Contract administration, tendering and construction
- Project planning and development
The Engineering Service was first begun in 1996. Assessing that there was a shortage of First Nations engineers available to work with communities on capital projects in Ontario, the OFNTSC moved quickly and created an Engineering Service. As the Engineering Service grew it took on other functions such as contract tendering and administration, to terms of reference development for large and small engineering projects.