Fire & Safety
WHAT DOES THE FIRE AND SAFETY SERVICE OFFER?
The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) offers a wide variety of services to Ontario First Nations and tribal councils. The OFNTSC’s Fire and Safety Service works with communities and tribal councils to provide:
- Provide assistance to regional fire prevention officers, building code interpretation and compliance as it relates to fire safety
- Fire department administration review and analysis
- Coordination of bulk fire equipment purchases
- Emergency vehicle specification review/analysis
- Compile fire loss reports from First Nations
Services offered by the OFNTSC are free of charge to First Nations and tribal councils in Ontario. Please note that there maybe costs associated to attend training sessions, conferences and symposiums. Contact us today, to see how we can assist you.
BENEFITS OF USING THE OFNTSC’s FIRE AND SAFETY SERVICE
- Emergency vehicle specifications tailored to meet community and geographical needs
- Improved efficiency in fire department administration
- Additional purchasing power when procuring firefighting equipment
- Community will be prepared in the event of a fire
The OFNTSC’s Fire and Safety Service will be working on these priorities for the next fiscal year:
- Fire protection (technical support for First Nations conducting needs surveys and policy support)
- Fire prevention (setup library for distribution of fire prevention materials)
- Coordinate regional fire safety poster contest for First Nation students from grades 1-12
- Submit fire equipment bulk purchase proposal for First Nations to Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)(provide advisory services for all fire equipment purchased)
- Fire inspection services (provide advisory service to First Nations on obtaining specialized services from ISC)
Trainer contract services agreement (negotiate with senior training officer for continued training services in emergency planning)
If you have any questions in regards to the services offered by the OFNTSC, we invite you to make contact with one of our service centres. Please contact the Service Centre geographically located closest to you.
Toll Free: 1-888-892-8281