The OFNTSC’s Student Achievement and the Derrick Kamanga Memorial Award applications are now available for the 2017-2018 academic year. Each year the OFNTSC awards four – $1000 scholarships to First Nations students across the province in science or technology fields, and one – $2000 award for a First Nation student in engineering.
Students applying for the awards must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Must be of First Nations ancestry
- Must be a member of the OFNTSC client base (First Nation in Ontario)
- Must not be a previous recipient of the award (in past two years)
- Be enrolled in a recognized college or university program
- Studies should be focused on science, technology, engineering, math, architectural, etc.
- Completed application package
The deadline to apply for this year’s awards are July 20, 2018 at 4:30pm. All applicants are required to complete the application in its entirety in order to be eligible for the awards. Late submissions will not be accepted beyond the deadline. Students can be nominated for the awards by parents, siblings, teachers, guidance/education counsellors, etc. Please note that the Derrick Kamanga Memorial Award is for engineering students only.
Have any questions about the application package? Call Colin French, Communications Officer at 416 651 1443 ext.256 or by email at email@example.com.