The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is announcing that the 2016 Student Achievement and the Derrick Kamanga Memorial Awards applications are now available for download. This year’s deadline to have your application in is June 24, 2016 at 4:30pm EST.
The OFNTSC encourages you to nominate a deserving First Nations student today! Anyone can nominate a student – family, friends, teachers or school councilors. Each year the OFNTSC awards four Student Achievement Awards for a $1000/award and one Derrick Kamanga Memorial Award for $2000.
To be eligible for one of the Awards, nominees must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Must be enrolled/registered in a recognized college/university in a science/technology/engineering program
- Must not be a recipient of the award in the past two years
- Must be from an Ontario First Nation
- Must be of First Nations ancestry
- And must be in good academic standing
For those applying to the Derrick Kamanga Memorial Award please be aware you must be enrolled in a recognized engineering program to apply for this award.
For questions relating to the applications, please contact Colin French, Communications Officer at 416 651 1443 ext. 256. Or by email at email@example.com.