Assembly of First Nations National Chief, Shawn A-in-chut Atleo and Mike Holmes of the Holmes Group, are pleased to announce the selection criteria and the application process for their joint pilot project. The pilot project will see a First Nation in Ontario region selected to design, plan and implement building activities that are based on green and sustainable practices.
Application Proposals are open only to First Nations in Ontario or their duly mandated representatives. Each proposal should provide as much information to the project selection committee in a manner that will illustrate what the First Nation would like to accomplish with the assistance of the AFN and the Holmes Group. The selection criteria requires the community to clearly state where they would like to go in the areas of:
· Project size and infrastructure servicing
· Financial resources and community organizational capacity
· Advanced and integrated communications platform
· Micro generation and clean energy technology investments
· Required skills training and capacity development
· Sustainable practices for existing housing retrofits and new home construction
The new partnership between the AFN, the Holmes Group and the selected First Nation will look to the retrofit of existing substandard housing, build new homes to higher standards of durability and energy efficiency, enhance sustainable community planning and design, and utilize green technologies and renewable energy sources to improve conditions in First Nations communities.
For more information on the selection criteria and application process and requirements please download the attached documents.